1. Problem Definition
There is always room for improvement and the next project should be better than the previous one if we learn about it. In line with that, Client would like us to write what we learn from the Garuda AACE project.
2. Identify the Feasible Alternatives
There are three things that I would like to share:
1) What would I do differently if I had to take this course over again.
2) What tool/ technique I actually implement at work to help me generate a favorable Return on Training Investment (RoTI).
3) What advice I would give to others who are going to take this course in the future.
3. Development of the Outcome for Alternative
1). What would I do differently if I had to take this course again:
This course requires me to discipline the time and have a strong commitment to finish the projects. In the beginning I was very excited and want to be ahead of schedule. But as the project went by, the spirit fade away bit by bit. I think it is more because as we go to daily work, the excitement buried by another problems/ challenges/ excitement. So, it is very important to keep the spirit up. How?
2). Tool/ technique I implement at work for RoTI
I often use the economic analysis tools from Engineering Economic, together with the risk analysis.
3). Advice I would give to others who are going to take this course in the future.
As my mentor said: “Work Smart, Not hard”. You don’t have plenty of resources and don’t get burned.
4. Selection Criteria
Alternative that provides good information for the next class to complete better and get more benefit from this course.
5. Analysis and Comparison of the Alternatives
1). How to keep the spirit high as personal as well as a team member. This course requires me to discipline with the time designed and have a strong commitment to finish the projects. It is very important to be in line with team strategy and to help each other. I need to keep the communication high and make time to meet monthly. With that, we can encourage and help one another to finish the project together. I should also beware of the holiday season and kids holiday season since it will slow my pace. Better to speed up the pace in front. Next time, I will plan my work smart, by integrating the blog, problem solving and paper assignment. Work Smart.
2). My daily routine job is more on the technical and economic evaluation. So, the Engineering Economic book is very useful in may daily job. The matters that I evaluate are also high risk. So, the risk assessment and the use of the risk analysis tools is very helpful and important, e.g. Monte Carlo, Decision Analysis Tree, and Integrated Cost and Schedule with Risk Analysis.
3) It would be beneficial to be well prepared before the class. The mentor will give the pre-read material and better we try to familiar with them and the very best practice is to ask the previous class and see the blogs posted.
For those who want to take CCP exam, you will be required to submit paper. List the topic or idea for paper before class start will give you an advantage, because when the class starts you can talk directly to ask for opinions and advice of mentors, so that you can more quickly to compose paper.
In completing the blog posting assignment, see what problems you face daily and take time to learn it from course material given. There are many problems we can write in the blog, but we need to be discipline in our time.
The most important thing is to keep the spirit high by sticking in the group and the regular meeting. Regular meeting is very important to charge up, encourage and help one another in problems we faced with the assignments, as mentioned in previous paragraph.
6. Selection of the Preferred Alternatives
Those three things are very important to be informed to the next class.
7. Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result
You are very welcome to contact Garuda Team as we will be very happy to help.
- Laksono, A. (2014). W25_AL_Lesson Learned for Next Class | Kristal AACE 2014. Retrieved from https://kristalaace2014.wordpress.com/2014/08/23/w25_al_lesson-learned-for-next-class/
- AACE International – Professional Resources – Recommended Practices. (2014, August 23). Retrieved from http://www.aacei.org/resources/rp/
- Citefast automatically formats citations: APA 6th edition, MLA 7th ed. and Chicago 16th ed. (2014, August 23). Retrieved from http://www.citefast.com/
- Project Management World Journal — A Global Resource for Continuous Learning in Program and Project Management. (2014, August 23). Retrieved from http://pmworldjournal.net/